Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Writing Life

Bet you've never seen that title before. You only get 1.2 million hits for it when you google "writing life" with the quotes around it. It sure is a popular theme and I suck it up with a straw. Love it. I love to read about other writers and how they write and what they think etc. Makes me feel more normal. So I waited with excitement to pick up the latest such book entitled Writing Life: Celebrated Canadian and International Authors on Writing and Life. If you feel guilty about buying it, all the proceeds go to Pen Canada (so you can spend that "guilty" money on my book, see?). When I bought it, the salesperson told me that she had just put it on the shelf about ten minutes before. Local NL writers Lisa Moore, Michael Crummey and Michael Winter have essays in the book. I'm just up to the John Berger chapter (just finished the David Bergen chapter with a fascinating essay about his life in Vietnam) so I can't say much more about it. I just wanted to let you know about it so if you like such books you can pick it up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home