Friday, July 06, 2007

Serena Ryder

I don't review too much here. I have many reasons for that but I'll keep them to myself. I have on a couple of occasions, mentioned certain music I love and oh do I love music. I have told you how much I enjoyed Leanne Kean, mentioned my love of Oddly Enough, and for the song "I Wish I was a Punk Rocker" by Sandi Thom. Now, I need to talk about Serena Ryder because I love her music and her voice. What fantastic power and tone she has. She combines pop, blues, and folk music and blows me away. Critics compare her to Janis Joplin and Aretha Franklin. Big shoes but, in my opinion, she's slipping into them like a comfy pair of slippers. You can find out much more about her here and here and you have probably heard her singles "Good Morning Starshine" and "Weak in the Knees". "Weak in the Knees" makes me feel exactly that. Just go out and get her album If Your Memory Serves you Well or her newly released EP Told You in a Whispered Song. If Your Memory Serves You Well is made up mostly of her doing covers of Canadian songs along with some of her own stuff as well. It's a treasure chest of music. If you don't know her, trust me you will. She's going to be huge.


2 Comments:

At 2:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks :o)

 
At 8:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the smile. This song will always make me think of you and my sister Kelly - both of you out riding around in your cars, belting this out at the top of your lungs, feeling every note.


Kathy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home