Saturday, July 08, 2006

ReLit Award Winners

Congratulations to the winners of the 2006 ReLit Awards:

For short fiction: The Sound of All Flesh, Barry Webster (Porcupine's Quill)

For Poetry: Hot Poppies, Leon Rooke (Porcupine's Quill)

For Novel: Alligator, Lisa Moore (Anansi)

I wish I could have been there at the bonfire to hear the readings (Christopher Pratt, Lisa Moore, Wade Kearley, Barry Webster, JoAnne Soper-Cook and Joel Hynes). It was such a gorgeous night and any night with Joel Hynes reading is a good night. But I had other commitments and could not go. I bet it was a blast. Anyone who was there, add a comment and let us know how it was.

6 Comments:

At 9:09 PM, Blogger John Mutford said...

Hi Tina,
I went to order your book through Chapters today but it said it would take 4-6 weeks. I'm not sure where I'll be living at that point (moving to Iqaluit around then) so I'll have to pick one up at Chapters when I go into St. John's at the end of the month. Maybe it'll be a good plane read.

 
At 1:46 AM, Blogger Tina Chaulk said...

John, that is true but it should be no problem getting it in any Coles/Chapters in St. John's. Any problems, email me and I will make sure you get one ASAP.

 
At 10:20 AM, Blogger Tina Chaulk said...

Actually John, you can order it from tidespoint.com or jespersonpublishing.ca too. I'm pretty sure Jesperson could have it in the mail for you in a day or so, if not on the day you order it.

I hope the move won't slow down your blogging too much. I would miss it.

 
At 8:48 PM, Blogger John Mutford said...

I hope it doesn't slow down the blogging too, but something's telling me it will- we might be living in a hotel for a month or so once we get there until housing gets straightened away, so unless they've got internet access- it'll be delayed big time.

Btw, have I mentioned how intimidated I am to actually blog about your book now that I know you read my blog- yikes.

 
At 9:02 PM, Blogger Tina Chaulk said...

Have I told you how intimidated I am to have my book make your blog? Nah, just be honest (really) and if need be I'll quietly lick my wounds. No hard feelings. I wouldn't want it any other way.

And who knows, maybe even Margaret Atwood googles herself from time to time and has read your blog. You can't let that possibility affect your reviews.

 
At 4:05 PM, Blogger John Mutford said...

The image of Margaret Atwood googling herself makes me giggle- thanks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home