Thursday, January 04, 2007

I Wish I Was a Punk Rocker

I can't really call it an earworm because there is absolutely nothing annoying about it to me, nor a brain itch. It is just that I simply love the bloody song and go around singing it (complete with the strong objections from my son--"no, Mommy, no singing, Mommy"--with hands outstretched as if fending off some horrific monster) or listening to it over and over. It is "I Wish I Was a Punk Rocker (With Flowers in my Hair)" by Sandi Thom, from her album Smile...It Confuses People. You can find it on her website. The Audio section only gives you a one minute clip but if you click on Video you can hear (and see the video for) the whole song.

Most of the songs I listen to these days are the soundtracks to whatever I am writing but there is nothing in the in-progress novel to warrant including this one in the soundtrack. In fact, since the beat and simplicity of this song make me so darn happy, it could be a hindrance to the writing because the novel is a bit dark and the main character rather moody and unhappy and angry and grieving. Sounds fun, doesn't it?

2 Comments:

At 6:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sanity breaks -- totally necessary.

 
At 9:04 PM, Blogger Karen said...

What a fun song and video. Thanks for posting about it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home