Thursday, November 09, 2006

Lest We Forget

I have a perfectly good excuse for not blogging this week or much last week. Was laid low by a bad flu last week and this week the aftereffects include bronchitis, a sinus infections and two ear infections. Par for the course for me when I get a cold, I am afraid, let alone the kind of bone-chilling flu I got last week. In amongst all that was my son's birthday party on Saturday then the real birthday yesterday. I think he had a good time despite it all and in spite of his own cold. Anyway, I am on antibiotics now and hoping they will work some miracle and make me feel a lot better before my book signing in Gander at the Book Worm tomorrow. I am really looking forward to it. I am not contagious so if you are thinking about dropping by from 2-4, please do. I would love to meet you and talk with you. If you'd like to buy a book or have a copy signed, all the better.

After the signing in Gander, it is off to Aspen Cove and Ladle Cove for the weekend. There, the grandparents can enjoy some Sam time and I get to sleep in. Sounds like a good weekend to me.

Of course, I will be remembering the troops, past and present this weekend as well as it will be Remembrance Day. I usually bring Sam to a War Memorial and drop my poppy off there with a whispered "thank you" to those of us who fought for everything we have, and those who continue to do so today. There is no War Memorial out home so I'm not sure what I will do with my poppy this year. Maybe send it out to sea. I don't know but I know I will be thinking about the men and women who went through unimaginable things for us and those in Afghanistan who are doing the same as I type this. And I will be grateful. I am grateful.

Lest we forget.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home