Monday, January 29, 2007

WANL reading in Gander

WANL is having a free reading in Gander. The time is 7pm on Wednesday, Jan 31. The place is the Atlantic Room, Irving West Hotel and that is special to me because the Irving West Hotel is named after my Great-uncle Irving, a businessman from Aspen Cove who was so admired by businessman Harry Steele, that when Mr. Steele bought the hotel in Gander, he named it after Uncle Irving. Uncle Irving has since passed away but the Irving West Hotel and his picture in the lobby remains. So, if you go to the reading, think about that as you go in and look for his picture. A picture of him (with me) is on the wall behind me as I type this.

But, I digress (I digress a lot, hey?) The WANL reading features local writers Isabel Blackmore, Arch Bonnell, Michael Cahoon, Kathy Connors, Rod Golf, Kathleen Hogan, Norah Martin, Philip Patey, Margaret Penton, Dave Shaw, Dave Snow, and Eric West.

Like I said, it is free and everyone is welcome to the exciting evening of readings by new and established local writers. For more information contact WANL at 709-739-5215 or e-mail wanl@nf.aibn.com.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home