Friday, January 19, 2007

The cover that never was

Somewhere around November, 2005, my publisher wanted to add my book to an international rights calendar and had to do a quick mock-up of the cover and a blurb for the book. I knew nothing about this until I set up my web page then googled my name to see if the web page came up in the results. Lo and behold, there was the cover and the listing in the online catalogue, complete with the original title. I immediately contacted the publisher who gave me the explanation. For a few moments, I thought the book had been released without my knowing it. Anyway, here it is, the cover that never was.

3 Comments:

At 4:06 PM, Blogger TrudyJ said...

Nice cover and title, but not nealy as good as the published version!

 
At 9:27 PM, Blogger Tina Chaulk said...

I agree, Trudy. The published cover certainly represents the book better and the kind of book it is.

 
At 10:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Agreed. The beige, the twirly font, the trees ... that cover says "melancholy." Your book ain't.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home