Friday, August 18, 2006

Tod Maffin Typed My Name

Okay, so I was more than a wee bit excited to find out that Tod Maffin had mentioned my review of An Evening of Doyles on the official CBC blog. Besides the fact that I am a CBC nut (Radio One is always on in my house and the evening news is a daily must), I am a huge fan of all things Tod Maffin. His technlogy column (I am a self-admitted geek), his podcasts, his blogs, his fantastic coverage of the CBC strike last year on CBC Unplugged, his recent guest hosting on Freestyle—love them all. He is a smart, funny, entertaining guy and he has now typed my name. Yet another reason I am so happy I went to An Evening of Doyles*.

*The evening was actually named A Bulletin of Doyles, after the famous Gerald S. Doyle Bulletin, a radio show that was an important means of communication to people across Newfoundland and Labrador. The Bulletin would mix the news of the day with personal messages so people could pass on information about births, illnesses, and deaths. Hard to believe in this day when letting someone know what is happening is as quick as a phone call or an email but back then, families would wait for messages in The Bulletin to let them know how a sick or injured loved one in the hospital was doing.

1 Comments:

At 8:25 PM, Blogger Robert Hiscock said...

That's cool.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home