Monday, November 20, 2006

Geeky Gifts

I am a geek. I admit it and I am proud of it. I love gadgets and technology but I also love the feel of a fountain pen on nice paper. Hey, I'm a gemini so I can love two diverse things at once. The truth is that a lot of people like these things. Lots of people love pens and PDAs. It's all good. Sometimes, we geeks can be a little hard to shop for since many of the gadgets we like cost loads of moolah. In the spirit of Christmas (although I refuse to acknowledge it myself until at least December 1st--curse you silly people with Christmas lights already lit up at night--ack!), I would like to give you some ideas for Christmas gifts for geeks.

The first is acornstudios.ca where you can buy a Circuitboard Necklace or a Diskette Notebook (or you could make a diy floppy disk notebook). Another place to find geeky gifts is at fractalspin.com where you can get a Circuitboard Business Card Case to put in your Duct Tape Purse or get the wonderfully recursive Button Button.

I think some of these things use recycled products, at least at acorn studios (free shipping in Canada and US for orders over $20). They are cute ideas but I am not sure I will be sporting any geek fashions yet. Even though I am proud to be a nerd, I do believe that if I start walking around with a keyboard ring on my finger, someone really should intervene.

4 Comments:

At 4:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude. Finally got my moleskine!! Weekly planner, the mid-sized one. OMG, cannot wait until Christmas, I'm not letting myself open it until then. Have also decided they are primo gifts, and am picking up a few more today for that purpose. Huzzah!

 
At 6:08 PM, Blogger kevin said...

i'd recommend www.thinkgeek.com. my favourite spot to browse for geky merch.

yes dana, moleskines are awesome..too bad i lost mine.. :(

 
At 7:38 AM, Blogger TrudyJ said...

Sure, it's geeky. But could you resist the typewriter jewelry at http://www.whatsyourtype.com ? I couldn't.

 
At 1:33 PM, Blogger Tina Chaulk said...

Thanks for the extra sites, Kevin and Trudy. Great stuff. Danadana, I got a moleskine this past weekend and finally dared to open it yesterday. I will be posting about that soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home