Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Moleskiners unite!

(Is moleskiner the right term, I wonder?) Anyway, if you read yesterday's post, you'll know that I mentioned my love of the Moleskine (an unrequieted love as of yet since I have only admired from afar). One of the reasons I love it so much is that people who like the Moleskine seem to like pens and other paper products and office supplies like me. I found this out by going to the Moleskinerie.com and the associated Google Group. There, I have spent much time reading about people's notepads and what kind of pen with what colour ink they prefer to use with it. Other people, besides me, like to think and talk about these things. It makes me feel less of a freak since none of my friends are like this (although from the comments in the last post and the meeting with Dana), it seems that some of my blogging friends are into it. Maybe there is a correlation between blogging and office supply obsessions.

I digress. After I posted yesterday, I started noticing lots of visitors from the United States, and elsewhere in the world, on my statcounter and these visitors were coming from Moleskinerie.com. I sent my trusty browser over there and there, to my utter shock, was a picture of my book (with a link to my website) under the heading READ (you have to scroll down a bit to see it). I was so surprised I could not speak. I just kept looking around and opening my mouth then closing it again and gasping loudly. Must have looked like a fish out of water. I think I was as surprised as the day Tamara from Jesperson Publishing called to say they wanted to publish my book (well, maybe not quite but pretty close). So, I then emailed the Moleskinerie and thanked them for putting my little book on their web site and got a lovely reply from Armand. So, a shout out to Armand and all the gang at the moleskinerie.

2 Comments:

At 4:34 PM, Blogger kevin said...

i'm very interested in this whole Moleskine thing. i'm always looking for a better notebook. most of my notebooks are handmade. I buy them at Camden market. Mostly I just love the feel of writing on handmade paper. this demands closer examination...

 
At 1:14 PM, Blogger Tina Chaulk said...

See, Kevin, another one. I'm telling you it's the blogging/notebook connection. I'll bet there are lots of great places for notepads and pens in the UK. Oh lucky you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home