Friday, November 24, 2006

Uncle Val a Birthday Party and Franklin's Christmas

Ah, the culture I am exposed to. I will start out my weekend with a delicious helping of Andy Jones as Uncle Val. Read more about that at the Telegram or the Scope. I love Andy Jones (well, I don't know him personally--I mean as a performer) and he is one of the funniest people I have ever seen so I try to get to anything he performs. He could just stand there and say nothing, but his expression, the glint in his eyes, the very presence of his humour, could make you laugh. So I will be at "the Hall" tonight with some friends (thanks, K) and am looking forward to it immensely.

Tomorrow is a birthday party at McDonalds and it will be the first one Sam attends. Remember a few years ago, all the parties seemed to be at McDonalds? Well, not anymore. We've attended them at Daycares, Kid's Castle (most of them there), bowling alleys and the NL Railway Museum but McD's has, up until now, been a no show. Anyway, then Sunday it is Franklin's Christmas at Mile One Stadium, possibly followed by the Downtown Santa Claus parade. All this as the second round of antibiotics are starting to work and my hearing is finally coming back. Ironic, no?

It seems clear that memories of Uncle Val will have to sustain me throughout the rest of the weekend if I am to maintain any shred of sanity.

1 Comments:

At 5:48 PM, Blogger towniebastard said...

Andy did a short film a couple of years ago, I think I saw it during the Women's Film Festival, and it's nothing but him standing up in from of a class saying the letter 'R' over and over again, in an increasingly demented state while the class looks on in terror.

It's one of the most blindingly funny things I've ever seen made locally. It's about three minutes long and no dialogue but the letter 'R'. That's how funny he is, that he can take something that simple and make you fear you're going to piss in your pants from laughing.

I'm annoyed I'm going to miss this show. Ah well...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home